- The Lincoln County 4-H Ambassador promotes the 4-H program on a local and county level and emcees county events.
- Open to all Lincoln County 4-H members, male and female, grades 7th and older.
- Several years of 4-H experience and understand what 4-H is about.
- Leadership experience on a club and/or county level.
- Interest in promotion of 4-H.
- Be mature individual and exhibit poise, confidence and dedication to 4-H.
- Exhibit an appealing appearance and personality.
- Be willing and able to speak to 4-H and community groups.
- Good role model. Alcohol and drug free.
- Dedicated and willing to follow through on their responsibilities.
- Improve your self confidence.
- Sharpen and improve your communication skills.
- Gain new leadership skills.
- Increase your knowledge of 4-H.
- More awareness of your own strengths and capabilities.
- Satisfaction of promoting one of Wisconsin’s strongest 4-H programs!
- Youth who are interested submit an application.
- They are then scheduled for an interview with the committee. Interview questions are based on 4-H project work, growth and leadership in 4-H, and contributions to 4‑H in the county.
- Selection is based on personal interview, poise and personality. It is left to the committee’s discretion as to the number of ambassadors.
- One year commitment -Year begins with selection in September and runs until the following September.
- Youth may repeat as a 4-H Ambassador by reapplying for the position.
- Attend Ambassador meetings and training sessions.
- Assist with 4-H Events/Activities
- emcee county festivals and contests (i.e. Music, Speaking/Puppetry, Drama, Lip Sync)
- assist with awards/recognition events (i.e. 4-H Leaders’ Banquet, handout ribbons/trophies at the county fair and other county events)
- Reach the public with the 4-H story
- talk to community groups and schools
- talk on radio programs and do radio public service announcements
- write newspaper articles
- represent 4-H in parades
- assist with promotion at the county fair (Be visible and assist in planning/conducting promotion booth.)
- promote 4-H during National 4-H Week
- Create inner organizational 4-H understanding
- talk to 4-H clubs
- work with leaders
- contribute articles to 4-H newsletter
- Assist at the county fair where needed (i.e. help in the fair office, announce grandstand/activity tent attractions, etc.)
- Other activities as designated by the 4-H Board of Directors, Fair Boards and/or the 4-H Youth Development Agent.
- 4-H Board of Directors, Fair Board, County Event Coordinators and/or 4-H Youth Development Agent.