Nominations for these awards are due September 1st each year.
Outstanding 4-H Leader Award
- Beginning in 2015, Lincoln County 4-H along with the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation will present two different Volunteer Recognition Awards. The Volunteer of the Year Award for individuals who have served as a 4-H Volunteer for less than 10 years and the Lifetime Volunteer Award for individuals who have served 10 or more years. Any 4-H member , parent or leader may nominate a 4-H volunteer leader for the award. Both of these awards are co-sponsored by the Lincoln County 4-H Leaders’ Association and the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation. The 4-H Board of Directors decided at their June 2004 Board meeting that a person is eligible to receive this award every 5 years. Therefore, someone who has received this award previously can be nominated again as long as it has been 5 years since they received the award. The selection is made by a committee of non 4-H adults based on what is shared on the nomination form, so please be complete and thorough. Nominating person(s) will be asked to make the presentation at the 4-H Recognition Banquet.
- Leader Award Nomination Form (word)
- Leader Award Nomination Form (pdf)
- There are a lot of volunteers who do their part in making the Lincoln County Fair a success. The Fair Assocaition annually recognizes two people for their dedication and hard work.
- Outstanding Fair Volunteer (pdf)
- Lincoln County 4-H recognizes one or two community people (non 4-H leaders) who have helped 4-H in the past year(s). Past recipients were noted for special project workshops, providing space and support for 4-H promotional activities, donations of time and money, for politically supporting the 4-H program, etc. Nominating person(s) will be asked to make the presentation at the 4-H Recognition Banquet.
- Friend of 4-H Nomination Form (word)
- Friend of 4-H Nomination Form (pdf)
Wisconsin 4-H Hall of Fame
Since 1914, Wisconsin 4-H has helped youth grow the leadership, critical thinking and communications skills necessary to be successful in a constantly changing world. To learn more about the individuals who supported 100 years of growing Wisconsin leaders, visit https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/wi4hhof/.
4-H Hall of Fame – Tomahawk Leader December 2 2014 (The Tomahawk Leader apologizes for the misspelling of Gloria’s last name in the beginning of the article and headline.)
National 4-H Volunteer Awards
The National 4-H Salute to Excellence Volunteer Recognition Award recognizes 4-H volunteers who demonstrate exemplary service to 4-H, while promoting service through volunteerism as both an opportunity and a privilege. Each state selects its own Outstanding Lifetime Volunteer and Volunteer of the Year. State winners are then submitted for consideration in their region and regional winners are then nominated for consideration as the national winner. The Volunteer of the Year award is for individuals who have served as 4-H volunteers for less than 10 years at the local, county, district or state level. The Outstanding Lifetime Volunteer award is for individuals who have served 10 or more years at the local, county, district or state level. Several Lincoln County 4-H volunteers have been recognized.
Congratulations to Becky Kludy – 2017 Wisconsin 4-H Volunteer of the Year Award Winner and 2018 North Central Regional Award Winner
Previous Volunteer of the Year Award Recipients from Lincoln County
Yvette Chieves – 2016 Wisconsin Volunteer of the Year
Holly Schoeppler – 2011 Wisconsin Volunteer of the Year
Sandy Thurs – 2010 Wisconsin Volunteer of the Year
Gloria Lukes – 2006 Regional Volunteer of the Year
Gloria Lukes – 2002 Wisconsin Volunteer of the Year
Previous Outstanding Lifetime Volunteer Award Recipients from Lincoln County
Caroline Lemke – 2015 Wisconsin Outstanding Lifetime Volunteer
Sue Kunkel – 2006 Regional and Wisconsin Outstanding Lifetime Volunteer
Other Awards Lincoln County Volunteers Have Received:
Wisconsin Association of Fairs has it’s own awards and several individuals from Lincoln County have been recognized.
VIP Award – Awarded to non-fair board member/non-committee member, no specific length of service required.
Lincoln County Award Recipients: Phyllis Gaston – 1998; Roxie Shimel Hoffman – 1999; Joy Heideman – 2002; Cindi Christiansen – 2013
Outstanding Fair Person – Awarded to fair board/county fair committee member being active 12 years or less
Lincoln County Award Recipients: Tom Kolbek – 1997; Ann Stoeckmann – 1998; Jeff Porath – 2001; Sue Kunkel – 2002; Dale Christiansen – 2007; David Buck – 2013
Hall of Fame – Awarded to fair board/county fair committee member active more than 12 years
Lincoln County Award Recipients: Sue Kunkel – 2008