National 4-H Week Display Contest
In an effort to promote 4-H, the Lincoln County 4-H Leaders’ Association, Inc. Board of Directors encourages 4-H families and clubs to put up displays promoting 4-H during National 4-H Week.
2018 4-H Week Display Contest Information:
- The display should tell a message about 4-H and include the following: “Contact 715-539-1072”.
- All displays must be visible for the public to see (front yards, club corners, store windows, lobby displays, etc.) the entire week of October 7-13. (They can be inside or outside.)
- Club/families should submit their completed entry form below or this information in an email with a photo(s) of their display by Monday, October 15. Prefer photos submitted digitally as a jpeg file to firstname.lastname@example.org, but other photos are acceptable. Displays will be judged at the October 4-H Board of Directors meeting.
- Only one (1) display per family and/or club may be entered. Therefore, a family may do their own display, plus help their club make one.
- Displays will be judged on eye appeal, neatness, conveying a clear message about 4-H and originality.
- Lincoln County 4-H Leaders’ Association, Inc. Board of Directors judges and places the promotional display photos.
- Cash prizes:
Family entry Club entry
1st – $10 1st – $15
2nd -$ 6 2nd -$10
3rd- $4 3rd-$5
- Photos are published in the next 4-H Express Newsletter.
National 4-H Week Poster Contest
To help promote 4-H in Lincoln County, the Lincoln County 4-H Leaders’ Association Board of Directors sponsors a 4-H Promotion Poster Contest each year in fall.
2018 4-H Week Poster Contest Information:
Four divisions (grade for 2018-2019 school year):
Cloverbud – 5 yr. old Kindergarten through 2nd grade
Junior – 3rd through 5th grade
Intermediate – 6th through 8th grade
Senior – 9th grade or older
Theme — Promote either National 4-H Week, (October 7-13) or Lincoln County 4-H in general. Poster contest participants are encouraged to develop their own artwork and slogan.
Poster Contest Score Card:
Originality 40 pts.
Effectiveness 40 pts.
General Appearance 20 pts.
TOTAL 100 pts.
Each entry will receive a ribbon (Cloverbuds – participation only — not judged) and posters will be placed on display in the Lincoln County Service Center during National 4-H Week.
The form below should be attached to the upper back left-hand corner of your poster. Poster size is 14” x 22” and are due to the UW-Extension office by Monday, September 17th. Posters will be judged at the September 4-H Board of Directors meeting.