|Updated: 5/10/21||Spring (April 1 – May 31st)||Summer (Starts June 1st)|
|Max total Participants||
|Dividing Large Groups (over 20) into Pods||
|Total Duration of
|Program Approvals||Approval is still needed for all in-person events and activities.||Pre-approval will not be required unless this is an overnight program.|
Here are a couple of other guidelines that don’t have a category above:
- 50% capacity on buses (one person per seat).
- Dedicated boarding procedures will be established, such as starting at the rear of the vehicle, opposite for exiting.
- All current safety protocols such as requiring facial coverings and distancing remain in place.
Day and overnight camps
- Upham Woods will be open for day camps this summer. As a UW-Madison facility, Upham Woods is subject to UW System protocols for youth programming, which require testing for overnight camps. Additional accommodations would also be needed. Given this, we’ll be focusing on day camp opportunities. 4-H youth camps can take place at non-UW Madison facilities that agree to follow CDC/American Camp Association safety guidelines.
- Cohorts of participants will be arranged to attend activities and eat together.
- Current safety protocols, such as distancing and facial coverings, will remain in place, with a standard facial covering exception for sleeping and eating designated mealtimes following plan protocols.
- Sleeping arrangements will follow CDC protocols for physical distancing, including cabins at or under 50% capacity and beds spaced 6 feet apart and arranged head to toe.
- Food is allowed following CDC school lunchroom guidance (social distancing, minimizing time with masks removed, and hygiene) and preferably eaten outside when the weather allows.
- Approvals are handled through a separate pre-approval process to align with CDC and American Camp Association guidelines.
If you have more questions, you can find a complete FAQ from the Wisconsin 4-H here. Or reach out to Holly at 715-527-0433.
Volunteer Training Video
This video is Required for volunteers who plan to host an in-person meeting.